Monday, September 17, 2007

Disney Did It Better

you have no idea how much it hurts to say that.

but, what i want from a nextfest is a plausible next. what i got was a lot of mental masturbation. oh how cool. i can make a tube that makes music. i can make a robot that swims in shallow water like a snake. i can make clothing that hugs you from a distance.

my vision of nextfest would have been more like the old Disneyland Monsanto house. damn that thing rocked. i loved this place, and it wasn't even a ride. but it was a vision, and the vision was the ride. i just didn't see any vision at nextfest. nothing i could imagine myself participating in in the future.

monsanto house ftw!

1 comment:

  1. I recall going to the opening of EPCOT as a wee child and being BITTERLY BITTERLY disappointed. OK, pop quiz . . . EPCOT? What does it stand for? See, at about 12, I knew . . . I had seen the Walt movie about it . .. I knew what it was supposed to be . . . and a B grade amusement park it was not. Time is up on the quiz, btw . . .

    from memory . . . all together . . .

    Environmentally Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete