Saturday, April 26, 2008

R.I.P. Grimnar


















You die a thousand casual deaths - with none of that intensity which squeezes out life . . . and no blood runs cold anywhere. Because even as you die you know that you will come back in a different hat. But no one gets up after death - there is no applause-there is only silence and some second-hand clothes, and that's – death. If we have a destiny, then so had he - and if this is ours, then that was his - and if there are no explanations for us, then let there be none for him [Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead]

Grimnar has ceased to be and I say good riddance! He was slow even in cat form and in bear form smelled like herring and good luck getting a heal from him!. If he wasn’t lost he was getting lost. I had seen him walk right off the Scryer’s Terrace to his death more than once. I doubt there is a mob in the game that does not have a tale of killing him. The one the Murlocs tell is particularly funny and fitting, but they refuse to allow it to be published here as they are working on an anthology to be entitled, “Grim Deaths”.

He seldom read group or raid or private chats and even less often responded. His rare responses were too often obtuse or equivocal. Occasionally, they were not betokening of a reasonable or rational man. Instead, they read like the rants of a raving lunatic and were punctuated poorly and peppered with profanities.

He was a horrid racist [not a ‘horde’ racist]. His hatred of Elves was well documented [www.ihateelves.blogspot.com]. His conspiracy theories of how they controlled the banks and media I am sure appalled all of us equally [especially seeing that he was Drudish]. And I cannot even write here the epitaphs he referred to them as [though, him calling them ‘Trolls’ is what I found most offensive].

Regardless of all the things written above and whether he was Tauren, walrus, cat, bear or bird . . . he was my friend and will be deeply missed by me. Grim, I hope you have gone to a better place and that there are no Elves or places to fall from there and that you are not lost. Goodbye my deer friend [Deer form coming in WOTLK].


Exit, not pursued by a bear . . .

R.I.P.

2008

GRIMNAR

No comments:

Post a Comment