Monday, October 20, 2008

We're Live with the Patch


So patch 3.0.2 went live and jeepers, why stay in the beta? well, no reason, except to play some DK every now and again. The new patch brought inscription, the new talent builds, and some interface changes such as the calendar and pvp flag timer. Tynaqua got herself all respec'd for the new version of BM, and immediately tamed a devilsaur and a corehound. Hellgrima has seen the most action though, herbing for inscription, and selling lower level inscriptions while banking some of the better ones.





It's also the start of Halloween, or whatever we call it in WoW. The achievement system is getting more people involved than I've seen traditionally. Here is Hellgrima aboard a flying broom that she got from a trick or treat bag at one of the Inns. Hellgrima is still spec'd affliction, and I gotta say HAUNT kicks ass. Finally I can really handle as many as four or five adds at my level because as each dies, I get almost a full heal. So my casting is sequence is now Curse of Elements, Corruption, HAUNT, and my other DOTs. I figure to get HAUNT up fast so I can reap the heal at the end. It has a 1.5 sec cast and 10 sec. cooldown so I'm almost always ready to rock it at someone or something. I suppose this means they'll be nerfing it soon. It also has a really aweome animation. Makes it fun to play a 'lock again. Here's the spell; take a look:

You send a ghostly soul into the target, dealing 645 to 753 Shadow damage and increasing all damage done by your damage-over-time effects on the target by 20% for 12 sec. When the Haunt spell ends or is dispelled, the soul returns to you, healing you for 100% of the damage it did to the target.

No comments:

Post a Comment