Monday, April 03, 2006

Hurry up and slow down!

A conversation last week with the group has brought me great challenge today. Linda mentioned that your professions are a vital role in the WoW community and economy. This got me thinking, am I really missing out and too worried about level-grinding, more so than experiencing the game? Up until now, I have not even assigned myself a profession.

So I started to head back to my roots, Dolanaar. Going back to the place that once scared me now bores me and also opens my eyes. I have worked on the professions of skinning and leatherworking, which makes sense for being a hunter. I have started on this long, non-experience point (XP) earning journey to work on my profession as a commitment to being a member of WoW. Now that I have been running around, I have time to take a step back and observe my surroundings and others. One of the first things I noticed is the General Chat channel. When you are in Duskwood, it is barely used except for professional use. However, in this noob land, people use it for everything: conversation, selling, etc. I am sure many people do not know the appropriate ways to communicate, private chat, party chat, etc. The interesting thing is I am noticing it NOW, not before. Now that I am running through all of these places again, I am realizing how much I really missed out on. Take it slow, or get your mount ASAP?

1 comment:

  1. You know, now that they've changed the FPs to be more direct, the flight paths seem to take a different route (probably not, but it seems that way). And, I've begun to notice there are areas in lands I feel I've finished off that I do not recognize. There are places I have not been through that look interesting.

    I think in the beginning, pre-mount, I was focused on quests and relying on thottbot and parties to get the tasks nailed. Now that the leveling process has become quite a bit slower, I find I explore more and do much less thotbott'ing. I was remarking yesterday in guild chat how wonderful it is to explore in a new region, and several guildies chimed in in agreement.

    So yes, SLOW DOWN AND SMELL THE MAGEROYAL (my hubby, aka Clivenar, came up wiht that last night in WoW).

    ReplyDelete