Monday, April 09, 2012

Call me EMBER FIST!

So if you have the flu, what to do? Rack up some SWTOR hours!!111!

On the weekend, feeling miserable and looking for something to keep my mind off my cough, I decided on a SWTOR marathon. I really want to hit 50 before the patch, with at least one toon. Anyhow...my old MMO problem kicked in. Somehow I manage to end up on the friends list of middle school boys who need help with a quest and then never leave me alone. /cry  Just ask my friends and family, it happens a lot. Usually I end up trying to change my toon's name, which stopped working on WoW when WoW made it so that the change tracked over onto the other person's friends list. I'm not mean enough to tell them to sod off, which I really need to learn to do. [My daughter, reading over my shoulder, said, "yah mom, you really do.]

So on the weekend I was helping this kid do the Jedi class quest on Belsavis. It's a beautiful lore chain, really worthy stuff, and this kid was blowing through it like it was ... just so much Kleenex. Gah, and I was running along healing his pathetic Jedi warrior ass. So I made a note. I'm coming back to do this slowly. Finally I shed him after he said, I put you on my friends list. I'll help you when you need to this 'cause you can't do it alone.  No, pathetic young padawan, YOU can't do it alone. But I... I am a master Jedi Sage. It might take Qyzen and me six or seven days to kill a bad ass boss, but that boss is going down. I love Q. He's my bff and I want to have his lizard babies. [No, wait... I used to have pet lizards. I know how that works. =grimace=] My other companions are weak. Well, the pocket healer, Tharan, is okay but he's got a fetish for that blowup doll, er I mean holo-chic, Holiday, and she's really annoying.

So anyhow, after I dodged the kid [I logged on and got spammed with "you wanna do a heroic?" six times in a row within a space of five seconds, so I waited till after his bedtime] later that night I ran the quest chain. It took several hours, and here's the real point of the entry: It was delicious in that Bioware lore-fic way. The Esh-kha and I are pals now. I echo Hallow Voice, as he echoed Broken Scar. Yesssss!!!1!! Someone at Bioware has some RP juice.

After Q and I downed the final boss (yeah it was hard; yeah we died twice; but we did it...alone.) I took the name Ember Fist. Apparently everyone takes Sky Hunter which is so ... unimaginative. I was tempted by Silent Teeth, but it's just too funny. Ember Fist is what I'm aaaaall about. Don't let that Jedi Consular healing thing give you the wrong idea.

I can't really say much about the chain cause you'll want to enjoy it yourself. As soon as I scrape the pictures off the Windows lappie I'll add them here. [I only game on that confounded machine.]

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. The above mirrors my experience. My dailies and dalliances through the universe are often delayed because of the demands of the younglings.

    And like you . . .

    But Ashling calls me Big Blue for Big Blue Boyscout because I rarely refuse to assist.

    Usually, I enjoy it, but . . . there are chorus I have to do about the universe that occasionally preclude the prepubescent jedi. (Always Jedi! And we all know how little regard I have for anyone who doesn't roll tank . . . and how much littleerer regard I have for those who do).

    I like helping more often than not, but . . . could they PLEASE help me help them? How many times . . . standing in front of the damned bird while they fly away not telling me where.

    ReplyDelete