Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yeah I Rolled One of Those

Well, why not. I rolled a Pandaran, but the females looked so stupid (the way female Tauren look stupid), that I had to go with a male. Of course I spec'd him as a monk. What's the point of rolling a new race if you don't also roll the new class especially suited to the new race. And, given my predilection for healers, of course I'm going with the heal spec. I have to say, so far, at low levels, it's a boring heal. But maybe that will change.

The new start zone is very well done. Nice art and a good story line, but alas, within an hour or two you're back into the same old same old. Yeah, young monk, go travel to Orgrimmar. =sigh=

But then, as soon as I hit lvl 15, I jumped into dungeons as a healer and was surprised to see that at least some of the dungeons had been reworked. New bosses, new story arcs. Nice. Except that at low levels everyone is powering through the  content to get the xp or the boss drop or the dungeon quest reward. As a healer I found myself in the usual position of being unable to even loot because the tank ran ahead and I had to follow. =grrr= At least I'm not having to struggle with mana. In fact, neither this toon nor my healing shaman have any issues with mana. =weird=

Yeah, I wanted to just name him Weiwei, but it was taken. Drat. LIke my Fu Manchu 'stache? Interestingly, as my daughter pointed out, lots of Ameri-centric players are using Japanese names, often from animé, on their Chinese Panda character. C'mon people, we're not that stupid are we? Do all "those Asians" just seem the same to you? Really? Gah. I wonder how this, and by that I mean the Chinese flavored Mists of Panderia expansion, is playing in China. Are they happy to represent or pissed at the stereotyping? Ah well. I think I'll jump into GW2 this weekend. It's been a while and I'm almost getting to lvl 30 where I can run dungeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment