Monday, February 20, 2006

the night elf emerges

The social night elf..

First of all, I want to warn everyone, I have never been a gamer. With this being said, I feel that my voice is important in this blog because of that very fact. My frame of reference is very limited, but open to new ideas and horizons. I started out level 1 as a timid, confused night elf. I am now a level 26 night elf, not as confused, still wandering a little aimlessly but enjoying it more. I have determined I play more for the social aspect than anything else. YES, I like leveling and YES I like questing, but most importantly, I prefer to do that with people than without. If I log in and see no one is playing, I usually will log directly back out and email people to see when we can all play.

NEKKID GNOME RUN:

A few weeks ago there was a Friday night meet to run naked from the gnome starting point to another location.. no weapons, no clothes and VERY short characters. I would venture to say there were about 15-20 people that joined in on the fun, and it was! We created a RAID channel and GUILD called . We all started out together, and were running along happily when we slowly were killed off. We had one hour to complete the mission and I was far from the winner, but had a great time with the guild chatting and cracking jokes. A great way to meet others and interact with new people from a different server (Ice Crown).






More.. very soon

1 comment:

  1. I sooooooo wanted to do this. I hope there are more. I like the idea of meeting people across servers, although there are plenty in our own 'hood I've yet to meet.

    Speaking of which, I've gotten bolder about just asking people to join me. Last night I was busily trying and dying on a quest that involved killing fatboy 'casters about 4 levels above me. Do-able, but really really hard. I noticed a solo druid save my arse on one kill, with a great long range cast of some sort. It was pretty clear we were on the same quest. We chatted for as long as we dared to take our eyes over the wandering fatboys. We joined up, and wiped the place in 5 minutes and rode out together. I have to say the tangible rewards of collaboration definitely shape behavior. Of course we TY'd each other till the cow came home...or till the flying vorpal dragons began to attack.

    ReplyDelete