Thursday, February 08, 2007

The post formally known as . . .

O.K., here we go . . .


I've been exploring a lot lately ... not that, you sick bastards! I'm all man, baby! Dudes, what kind of sick twisted peeps are you that you imagine me on all fours taking it from behind by a big Swedish guy named Sven who keeps calling me Miss Loreta?


Errr . . . amyway . . .


Guys in the game, just like guys outside of the game, seem to be motivated by the same tune. If I, with skill, insult their manhood or question their sexuality ... they are more willing to bond and be of benefit.


Hall' says I should ask them about it, and I have. Funny thing is, it isn't a question they even understand. I asked Fel' about it and his response was, “Are you hitting on me?” . . . which is exactly the 'guy' response that I should expect. It's jokey and homophobic . . . and totally in the strike zone. My response was equally jokey and pseudo-homophobic [Not that there is anything wrong with that].


Now, I would never joke with a gal that way ... or even Twink. [not comparing you to a gal, Twink ... your just more high-brow in my opinion.]. There seems to be a guydar about it. Fel' and Syl' and others are fair game. Twink and Clive are not.


The point is this . . . leadership is an odd thing . . . and seems to be gender based in some specifics. I can get more out of some gals with praise and more out of some guys with insults. I am not sure why. Yet, I know it is the case. I know I pick the 'voice' based on the person.


Leadership is knowing your audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment