Friday, February 06, 2009

Hunter Stress


Well, I'm always a little late to the party. I had been watching our guild hunters (the two lvl 80s) doing mindboggling DPS in raids and decided to see what was up with the hunter. I knew Blizz had buffed up the Survival tree, but imagine my surprise, my horror, to find out that none other than the Big Red Kitty himself had respec'd Survival. ZOMG, say it ain't so. But he just couldn't deny the power of the output from the new Survival talents. So...since Fortknight has hit 80 and has been gathering gear and rep., I thought it was time to get Tynaqua back into things. I began with a respec., turning her from BM to Survival. It broke my heart, but DPS is DPS, baby, and that's what hunters do.

It worked out alright, although Tynaqua is only lvl 75 (well, 76 now) and couldn't spec all the way through the explosive shot. The DPS doesn't seem all that outrageous, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. At any rate, my crit rate bounced way up and I knew I needed a better aggmag pet. When I dinged 76 I headed straight to Sholazar Basin to pick up my gorilladin. I named him Darwin. And here he is. He's a great tank.

I then found a new problem. Switching to Surv from BM meant I could no longer use "exotic" pets. But I had left two in my stables. They were taking up two slots now and I couldn't delete them or pull them out. I submitted a GM ticket and within a 4 hour window I got an email reply. I guess GMs don't float down to solve your problems ingame anymore. Any how, they are going to pull out OMGzilla, my devilsaur, for me. I decided to hold on to the Kurken, named CptainKurken. Why?

LOLz, because the current rumor is that they over buffed Surv and over nerfed BM and are going to balance that in the next patch. So, I may end up back in BM again, and I don't want to have to go all the way back to Ghostlands to grab another Kurken. Dinos are everywhere, but there is only one spot for the Kurken.

No comments:

Post a Comment