Monday, September 13, 2010

Cat is for fite; but I'm healing now

Well, I ding'd 45 and decided, wtf, time to switch to heals. I had enough points to pick up swiftmend, which is de rigeur for heals, so I respec'd.

This is naturegrrl in her pot pourri of spirit, intell, and spell power gear, some of which is cloth cause there just isn't much caster leather under 60. I watched Sarah run my toon through Scarlet Monastery (and she learned how/why I use Grid and decursive). No, I didn't get the caster hat but I got the healy mace.

Then, I took over for the next run. It was pretty smooth, thanks largely to a really good group. The tank pulled. The hunter, rogue, and 'lock mostly stayed under his threat. We all liked how it went so we re-upped. We got Uldaman. We were in there a long time, partly cause we got lost, and so I got the chance to really lay down the heals.

I get it. At this level at least, druid heals remind me a lot of holy priest. That's the good news. It's been easy to adjust. The bad news is that I have all the issues I had when I was running my priest as holy: mana, mana, mana. Again, as with the priest, once you realize how to NOT overheal, things do get better, but here I am again scrounging for +spirit and +intell gear while wishing I were grabbing +spell. I know this will change later, and meanwhile I am enjoying another healer class. There are some commonalities with priest but a lot of interesting differences too. Similarities, well, for starters, just as the priest calls up the shadowfiend to get back some mana, the drood has a spell called innervate, which returns mana in a similar fashion. However, UNLIKE the priest, I can also cast that spell on another party member, not just on myself.

Anyhow... that's today's update. Since she's on another server I have no gold from other toons to send her. While she has managed to get and stay above 100G consistently (tyvm mining and AH), she can't afford dual spec. This means I'll be leveling thru dungeon finder. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment