Sunday, March 16, 2014

Back to the Beginning: Elementalist Redux

KillerKitteh as D/F Elementalist

I went back to my very first character, the elementalist. Never did really like it. It always felt underpowered and overly complicated.

Apparently a new build went through in December, but since I wasn't playing it much I took no notice of the changes. When I went back to it today, I looked up what the new world order was for PVE spec'ing an elementalist. Well, now it's dagger/focus, not double daggers. The build I went with comes from this chick's video. It's 30/30/0/0/10, which is very different from what I was running with double daggers.

Got that memorized? Good.
It also turns out I need different slot skills, and while the toons I play the most are swimming in extra skill points, this poor toon doesn't have enough to buy ARCANE BRILLIANCE, which costs 25 points. So... I'm grinding over older regions I never finished. It both lets me practice the rotation and earns me skill points.

This is just possibly the most complicated shot rotation I've ever heard. I'm busy trying to learn it. I get the repeated switch to AIR. Every time you switch out your stance you gain 25% crit for the first couple of shots. Check this out. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment