Thursday, July 10, 2014

Getting Into the RP

No, not really. But I am getting invested in the dying and altering of gear. The game devs have set up your account such that any gear style opened/unlocked on any toon is available to any of your toons on that account. Given that I have close to ten guys now, I have a lot of wardrobe choices.

I've just rerolled an engineer as it's been forever since I played my lvl 80 engineer, and I've always found it best to re-learn a toon from the bottom up, especially after build changes have happened. You get a better understanding of the synergy of the actions and specs if you work through them as you level.

Anyhow...I was really going to write about the gear twiddling. Here's my new low level engineer in what I deem to be appropriate gear look for engineers, kinda steam punky. What's especially cool in this snapshot is the guy next to me. He's wearing some of the same gear on his level 80 mesmer. His name is El Mustachio Grandé. How cool is that. And I love his goggles.

One of the things you can do, especially if you're obsessive or a hardcore RP'er, is work the colors to highlight the small details of the gear, e.g., buckles and buttons 'n stuff. So here's Kayleee Frye. Yes, she's named for Firefly's Kaylee, who was the engineer on Firefly. I had to add an extra 'e' cause, of course, the name is already taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment