Saturday, July 26, 2014

More Public Zerg'ing

I do love this. You're walking around doing your thing and a call goes out in the general chat: Champ Such'n'such is up at [place name].  People convene at the waypoint and on we go. Sometimes you run across a train, that is, a large roaming zerg group usually with a leader (marked with the commander icon) who follows a preset path through the zone, timed to hit each champ as it comes up. And, yes, it almost always takes a big crowd to burn down a champion. I *did* once two-man a champion with some random guy. I was on my ranger (like a WoW hunter) and he was on a guardian (like a WoW Paladin) and between us we kited, healed, and traded tanking (with my pet) till we burned it down but it took us about 20 minutes. 

Champs usually drop a big chest of goodies when they finally go down, and of course there's the standard kill drops from adds 'n such. It's an extremely efficient way to farm if you join a train.  The bottom picture comes from a train I was following for a while. The top one I actually logged in to based on the server timers. That is, I knew the champ was due to come up soon.


Mid-level zerg















High Level Zerg













No comments:

Post a Comment