Monday, July 30, 2007

A world without war . .. craft!

Friends,

Hellfire and damnation, after an OS upgrade I've tried to install the game three times to no success. Yet, I fear my resolve to keep trying is lacking. I'll see if I can't get someone to bring me a clean set of discs for Blizzconn, but that isn't the point. I could easily just go two blocks over and drop $40 and get my own, yet . . . well . . . the $40 means nothing to me and the friends I miss in that world do, but . . .

Hall posts from time to time about facts. I ramble along in my own peculiar way. Twink has LONG been absent [Hellfire, I'm not even sure he still even bothers to read it]. Akkie has recently made a few great comments, but that's about it. It's Hall with a photo and a caption and Via with a puzzling post. Let me just leave a Pinter's pause here and let folks marvel at the meaning of any further effort.

There comes a time . . . and here we are. We've all agreed to go left and I'm the one left who hasn't [do you folks EVER bother to marvel at the beauty of some of these sentences or it is just me? Oh . . .yeah . . forgot . . . it is just me]. Hasn't been for trying, but I've yet to get a response. Regardless, I remain. You two go ahead and I'll catch up.

If I can be so crass, but as I was taught in the first day of a program Hall devised, but doubt doesn't buy . . . it's all about the relationships. WOW isn't all that important and nor was Plaentside before. It's the presidential placard, "The Buck Stops Here". It's the third space. It's the tavern open till 2 a.m. It's the community and the culture. It's the . . . every step with a fellow traveler.

Yeah, I know . . . I might be a fool, but at least I'm a perfect fool. I love my fellow travelers without shame. I'd happily spend a day with Clive or Hall or Akkie or Twink or Assa or Trubs or ND or . . .

And that's the point, regardless of it being attached to velt and framed and hung on a wall.

JBR

JBR

2 comments:

  1. sigh. miss ya big guy. i keep looking for you in the friends list to go on a romp and ... you're not there. twink is gone uber ... again ... on the Terra Nova guild server.

    I have reached the 5 yard line (yeah, I miss football; I hate summer without football, and arena ain't football). I want to score the goal. I know there is a lot more to know and experience in dungeon/raid runs. I have only had a taste. I had hoped to do it with my buds, cuz, well, raid leader yelling makes me cringe and I need friendly whisper saying, that's okay; you're not the only one who f'd up the pull. LOL

    I will bring discs to B'Con.

    Btw, I am writing on a shiny flashy Dell XPS M1710 gamer lappie... ostensibly to use for Quest Atlantis and Second Life. More likely to use for LOTRO. I keep hearing good things and I may need to find a new world to explore.

    Anyone game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellfire and damnation, lady! When ain't I game?

    I miss my friends and intend to return just as soon as I am able.

    My main point in the above is what I am missing is the narrative. What do "we" do next? Cause, I'm personally more sick of myself then most folks.

    I ain't like the rest of you where I can just go and reincarnate myself into whatever other race and class strikes my whim. Terror Nova might be Horde for life, but I'll remain regardless of guise a dwarf warrior . . . for life!


    I have many quick quips and the only thing I want to know about the enemy is where they are and like Han Solo, never tell me the odds!

    I'll travel anywhere merely for the sake of fellowship. Yes, if my friends jumped off a bridge I'd jump too. They must know something! Hmm . . . that water doesn't look too deep. Oh well . . . Geronimo!

    ReplyDelete