Saturday, April 12, 2008

Of Ninjas and Portals and Ore Quests

Well, I was grinding out the nether residue daily Sunwell quest out in Nagrand, looking for ore. Serves me two purposes these days. As a JC, Tynaqua is always needing more adamantite ore to make mercurial adamantite also. Anyhow, I was off in a corner of the territory and thought, "hmm, I haven't been in that corner before, no quests have taken me there, no reason to have gone there, and yet, I see ore markers." So I flew over the area, only reachable by flying mount.

I saw a patch of territory with a portal and a very large demonic dude strutting around, a level 73 ELITE demonic dude, Reth'hedron. Now you don't see many of those in the world. Thottbot had an entry:
He's part of the Netherwing quests for your Netherdrake if you are attempting to get one. Must have Honored reputation with Netherwing to get the quest to kill him. You are given a special gun, called a Soul Cannon, after a collection of materials an engineer and miner can supply you with. You stay mounted and use this "gun" (It's really more like a channeled death ray) to sap his lifeforce and subdue him into walking into the small version of the Dark Portal. It takes a long time to wear him down so start with a full health bar and it wouldn't hurt to have a healer with you to top you off as you work him down. This is current as of 2 days after Patch 2.1.



So I found a nice ore node but had to kill, one-by-one, four lvl 71 warlocks. It was slow and painful. As I downed the last one, two Hordies dropped down from the sky and ninja'd the ore node while I was still finishing the kill. When I yelled "ninja!" THe guy replied "reported!" OMG I was spitting mad. So... heh heh... I put out a tell on general chat: So if you run across Taman, be sure to kill any nearby MOBS for him so he call ninja your ore nodes safely. Well, it made ME feel better. LOL... arg!

No comments:

Post a Comment