Friday, April 18, 2008

EpicMount R Us

Yeah well, I sorta got tired of the disorganization in the Drenden Allie guild. I'd been asking about a webpage to help us get going scheduling raids and such. The guild leaders sorta kept hedging, and then it occurred to me that maybe they didn't know how to set it up. I forget that not everyone geeks; some people just play the compie games, but they don't geek out.

So I checked out Epicmount, which Terror Nova uses. It's free; so I made an account for us. As I was messing with it I realized I could easily handle the set up and maintenance. Okay, this was worth the time and energy. Then, I wondered what the cost was to dump the ads and upgrade to a premium version. Turns out it was only $12.99 a year! So I bought a year. Then got busy making a kickass site. Not bad, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment