Sunday, March 12, 2006

Nonverbal Communication, Part Deux: Fraternizing with the Enemy

Hey there. Well, I was poking around looking for something to do to fill in two bars to my lvl 46 DING and I remembered I had a couple of green quests up in Arathi. I headed into the courtyard at Stromgarde and began killing, realizing at once that though the program thought they were green based on my level, as a clothie caster they were not going to be green for me.

I noticed a large Tauren -- I know, redundant -- also solo killing in the courtyard. I gave him a hand on one kill, then he did for me. Then I got a brainstorm. Well, WTF, why can't we partner. Can't we all just get along?

Now of course I realized that we both weren't going to make it up to the top of the castle, but I had the sense we were both just whacking moles for fun and profit. And besides, how could we communicate? No language commonanlity. I couldn't even offer to party with him to indicate my desire to work together. So we stared at each other. He headed off to kill and I decided to follow him and help, as a way of saying, "Yo. Here's an idea: two is better than one." We killed two things together. After each kill I jumped up and down and cheered. Then he started jumping too. I turned and pointed to the castle. He turned and looked, but seemed unsure of what the point of looking was. I walked toward the castle and pointed again. Then I jumped up and down and cheered. He got it.

Yep, that's right, I partnered with a Tauren today. LMAO.

Oh, and btw DING LVL 46! I got this cool mask in the ZF instance in Gadgetzan (Tanaris)

4 comments:

  1. I am still not 100% on the role of the tauren in WoW.. could someone clarify?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, c'mon. that's like asking what's the role of gnome? it's just another Horde race. And... the Taurens, like the Night Elves, are especially tuned to nature...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw on one tauren player's signature as they posted in the WoW forums the following: "I'm not a milking cow, I'm a fighting cow."

    I'm pretty sure I need to be a fighting cow when I roll my next Horde alt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMHO, taurens and dwarfs are the signature characters in WoW.

    ReplyDelete