Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Was Like Sooooo Oh My God!

Every now and then, when all my 'toons hit that steep plateau jump where all the quests are orange or red or inside dungeons, I amuse myself by generating a new 'toon with a variation. Last week I created a female, human warrior...with shoulder length platnum blonde hair and a come hither expression. I thought it would be fun to play against type. You know, The OC OMG with shiny big, two-handed axe.
So as I was slaying my n00b way through the Northshire Abbey / Goldshire area, I encountered a n'elf (Sarah's term for Night Elves) running past with a train of aggro munching his behind. Ever the helpful player, I pulled a couple off him and smote them but good. To my surprise, the n'elf circled back around and I discovered he wasn't some poor lowbie, but a lvl 27 rogue who was just too much in a hurry to bother to slay the animal train behind him. He struck up a convo. I decided to play blonde n00b to see what might happen.

"Hi"
"Hello"
"Hey, I could make you some better armor. Let me make you some leather armor."
"Um, ok. You mean now?"

He starts crafting and then opens a trade window and hands over a pair of leather boots.
"But I don't have anything to pay you with. I just have 37 copper."
"I don't want anything for it. Just take them."
Gee thanks. Cool."
Since they actually WERE higher than what I was wearing, I donned them.
"I could make more but I don't have any more leather with me."
"Oh, that's okay. I think I"m supposed to wear mail"
"Want me to buff your armor."
"Um, ok. What's that? How do you do that?"
He explained, badly, how to put your apparel in the non-trade window. I just did it anyhow to move forward in the conversation, even though his directions were woefully inadequate. He basically used a medium armor kit to +16 my mail chest armor. LOL.
"Thanks."
"I can make more and send it to you."
"Oh that's okay. I think I mostly wear mail. Does he not hear me, or is he trying to create an enduring connection. LOL.
"Hey do you have any quests I could help you with?"
"Um well no, I'm logging off soon."
"Okay well, let me know. I can help."
"Okay. Thanks a lot."
It was very hard not to type: buh bye now, and wave, like the Barbie dolls in Toy Story 2.

Was it just a guy being nice, or did my 'toon get extra attention cause she looked like a bimbo? Obviously I'd have to track more encounters, but I don't have the patience. I should have gone questing with him. One of my students will have to pick up the baton and finish the race on this topic. I don't play the role well enough. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment