Sunday, June 25, 2006

Odd Thoughts and Experiences

The Other WoW Game
This evening, whilst playing Meranda, my SMASH BG Guild 'toon, I was in SW doing chores and prepping for a BG run when what to my wondering eyes should appear? No, not a sleigh and eight tiny reindeer! A muster, a raid group assembling for an MC run. I got to chatting with one of them, Shuiro. I asked about the raiding. I mentioned my lvl 59-soon-to-be-60 'lock was in a guild that didn't do much and I was very interested in the raid stuff. Anyhow, we chatted a good 5 mins and he gave me his guild's web URL and suggested I consider joining it, which I am considering. His guild is FATED and they partner with Knights of Azeroth. I've seen members of both around. OMG, these guys are organized, but not overly Type A I don't think. (Lots of jargon I have yet to master, but the WoWwikipedia saved me there.) Read around in their forums; check their roster and DKP pages; look at the photos. Interesting.

The Scourge Invasion rocks, period. No... exclamation point!
I am having soooo much fun with it. After chatting with Shuiro ended I headed toward the castle keep to meet up with Flaiginbar for BGs. As I entered the long hallway into the castle, a crowd of about 12 or 15 undead Scourge Invasion skeletons, level 53, 54, 55 ELITE, ran past into the hallway, where they were set upon by the NPC guards. Very exciting to watch the NPCs and higher level player characters try to bring these guys down. They did eventually. I tried to help, but all of Meranda's attacks were resisted by the elite 55s. This snap is toward the end, when most of the group is already down.

I am 4 bricks from 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment