Thursday, June 22, 2006

So Much to Tell...

Okay, so I shouldn't have waited so long to post.

The Patch


First, the new patch...thank you!!! Finally those billions of enchanting mats clogging up my bank bags can stack in 20s. Yahoo! Maybe I'll get reinvigorated about enchanting. The mats were driving me nuts.

Second, the invasion of the scourge. OMG what fun! I spent 90 mins yesterday in a heated battle, shoulder-to-shoulder with the Horde and Alliance, fighting the never ending stream of undead skeletons and such dropping out of the sky through the crystal into the Blasted Lands. Check your continent maps for the skull symbol, which indicates an atack in that region. The attacks go for quite a while, until the assembled crowd has killed enough folks to deplete the crystal. I am so digging this. Be sure to loot. Not only do invasion scourge stones drop (turn in to Agent Dawn reps for BLUE loot and rep pts.) but they also drop easy-peasy quests. I got two yellow quests from two diff. letters that dropped and merely required delivery to an Argent Dawn person in Eastern Plaguelands.
Which brings me to third, the Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands is finally worth visiting! OMG it looks like a mini Iron Forge there. Argent Dawn with dungeon quests all over the place. And always a weird locale because of the proximity of Horde.

btw, I force loaded my Titan UI and it seems to be just fine, thank you very much. of course, your mileage may vary, as always.

A Good Time Was Had by All


Finally got the guildies to do a Sunken Temple run so I could score a wicked cool Warlock quest reward. Spent a lot of time reading the ongoing argument in the forums about what to choose. Here's the delicious choices, all blue items: a robe, a two-handed rod, and an offhand trinket. Each, as someone smart person figured out, is aligned to a different talent tree. I went against popular opinion (but in step with the smarter posts, imho) and selected the trinket, which lets me rez a VW w/o a shard or any mana. You don't know how often I've needed that in an instance run! I know there is a 30m cool down, but I think of this trinket as "in case of emergency, break glass."

It also got me thinking about the role of trinkets and rings and necklaces, as the ones I have right now exceed the number of slots available to use them. I had a BGO (blinding glimpse of the obvious): think seals. Yeah, just as the Palie moves seals in and out of play, so too I can move my trinkets. I have them set up in logical proximity to their related casts on my tool bars. For instance, next to my cast for my flaming horsie, I put the carrot on a stick. So, if I need to call up the horse, I first click on the carrot, which installs it in a slot and swaps it out for another trinket. Then I call up the horse.

I have this awsome drop from killing Araj: The Essense of Eranikus, which envelops the bearer in a cloud of poison, dealing 50 nature damage every 5 secs to any enemy in an 8 yard radius for 45 secs. SWEEET. I also have some cool offhands that boost shadow and fire spells, etc etc. Anyhow. Duh.

The title of this section refers to the absolute fun we had running the instance, besides the fact that blue stuff was dropping like candy (I mean, we even LEFT STUFF on the floor...it was BOP anyhow, but it was blue BOP and we were out of space! LOL). Sage, Cela, Felison, and I whined and convinced Arecles to join us. He is a masterful hunter puller. I went to school on him for my lvl 34 hunter. Plus, he knows the dungeon like the back of his hand. And my friends, I know why we wiped in the big round room of dragonkins with the hole in the middle. We went through this with NO party wipe and NO individual wipe. T'was fun.

So...after I finish my work today, I'm off to fight the invader Zim in the Blasted Lands or something. I only have 8 Necrotic Runes (need 10 to turn in) and 7 Invader's Scourgestone (also need at least 10).

I love this game. Just when you get a little restless...they up the ante and the fun is back.

It also helps to play party dungeons. I certainly enjoy that way, way, way more than just soloing. That said, I'm also building my PVP toon. Btw, didn't Eitrigg used to be PVP? Suddenly it's marked normal. So...I jumped to a new PVP.

Hallgrima stands at only 36% XP needed to hit 59!

1 comment:

  1. feli and i farmed the blasted lands invasion this afternoon. i ended up with 50 necrotic runes! i made 2G and the xp dinged me to lvl 59.

    ReplyDelete