Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chuck Norris Pwns

So much has happened. Where to begin?


Well, Feli imploded another guild. Skug, Jen, Jar, Sproink, Beo, Artfuldodger, and a couple of others have jumped from our guild to a completely different server. I think there was a power struggle between Feli and Skug, but I wasn't there for the particulars and just don't know.

I"m keeping Hallgrima in the current guild. I'm into continuity. LOL. But, as luck would have it, the jumpers jumped to a new server, Eitrigg, that happens to be the server where Joi Ito and the WeKnow (and the Horde, We No) researchy guilds are playing. Did you catch Joi's little blurb on WoW in this month's WiReD? I know that Vicky has a character there now too. Since I do like the people who jumped and I would like to see what the Ito group is up to, I made a new char on the new server. The jumpers are playing Horde, so I have made an orc hunter.

Predictably, the AH on the new server is barren for the most part. THis makes the whole AH activity much more interesting and foregrounds it in my playing experience. I am making some good money farming drops and undercutting the already scarce competition. There are more buyers thans sellers, and I am a happy, leatherworking, skinner. Meanwhile, I hear that James and Eric have cornered 1% of the AH transactions on Khaz. Oh, btw ERic, I saw the BIFP on AH for 29G. You timed it right!




We also got our internal seed money grant from the university. Now we need to do some planning. I'm getting psyched about GLS, more for the chance to sit down and interact as a group, than for the presentations, most of which will be fairly predictable. I'm not looking at games to harness them for the delivery of curricular content; I'm looking at game design to understand how to reform pedagogy. I don't want to make educational games. I want to make education playful.




For those that have longed to see it...I got James (Viamedia) to show me (as Saami) his fiery breath with the assistance of some SouthShore murlocs. James is behind the cloud of fire.

FYI, Hallgrima is pretty much done with the crater and mostly hanging out in Winterspring and Plaguelands now. I am hoping to hit 60 before the new patch is released this month.

Saami, my hunter, is a sargeant thanks to BGs, but having rolled over into the 30s, is now regularly pwn'd by Horde. I hope to push her up into the high 30s for greater killing satisfaction. LOL! [Don (aka Clivenar) is completely and totally addicted to BGs. He spends HOURS in there. Watch for his standing to hit Major or Lt. or something, soon.]

If you don't get the Chuck Norris reference, you are NOT in the game culture. Play more. Latest heard in the Barrens: Chuck Norris sleeps with a nightlight, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

I will also be updating the snapshots links. Almost every week I grab some ingame images and toss them into a dated folder. I will be pressing to CD for our mutual use, but I recommend you grab things with dates to help you anchor your recollections of the playing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment