Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Virgin Run

Yup. Got that first MC run under my belt and did it with Crimson. I was lucky to have a friendly face, Twinkleheal, along on the run. It helped calm me down. There really isn't much info forthcoming for n00bs on an MC run. Yeah, sure, Bizz was on vent calling out the plan and reprimanding both the goofy and the error-prone. When he called out, in a rather testy tone, "The next living bomb who takes out a group of people will be removed from the raid and lose DKP" ... it was all I could do to NOT type: and 50 DKP minus in the chat window. LOL.

But toward the end of the raid, when I whispered a question to the wizzened ole lock and friend Nunnster, he asked if I were on the lock channel. Huh wha? says I. So he tells me to join channel 7 with the other three warlocks. Dude, I type furiously, told you I was a n00b on MC; don't assume I know everything. Of course I added the requisite LOL to indicate I wasn't pissy.

As a warlock, I had a major obligation to keep elementals banished while the tanks held the aggro on the main boss and the casters tossed all they could at it. Fun and yet, more than a little nerve wracking. We got as far as taking down Sulfuron. That only took two efforts. We had a full wipe only once, at the Baron. That was the living bomb problem mentioned above.

I did bid on some sweeeeeeeeet epics, and was super annoyed to learn that when I bid my max pts, 73, the two items in question were each won with a bid of 75. Arg. So close and yet so far. But hey, it was my first run. At least I know what to expect now, and that matters a whole lot.

I was hugely surprised by the dmg reports. I expected the warrior tanks to have the max, but DUH, they were busily being aggmags. It was the rogues who really racked it up. I get it now, and I see why James said what he said about MT. I felt so worried for poor TK (Trendkiller) as MT. What a lot of responsibility.

I'll have to grab a snap of my RL setup. It's pretty funny. I'm on vent on the HP lappie whilst playing on the MacBook Pro lappie. I'm including a few of my fav snaps. The first is after the wipe. This is the line to get back in. The second is after we downed Sulfuron, sorta proof we got there and did our jorb. The third is just an shot of the crowd...so many toons....omg.



1 comment:

  1. p.s.

    Eric, did you notice that often during the MC run Blizz and TK called out "you need to adapt"...think about that vis a vis the leadership study.

    ReplyDelete