Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Welcome to the Dictatorship of ViaMedia

So, over at NationStates I decided to take a peak after reading some of what TerraNova has been doing and just couldn't help forming my own.

The Dictatorship of ViaMedia is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The tiny government concentrates mainly on Defence, although Commerce and Law & Order are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A healthy private sector is led by the Pizza Delivery, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports industries.

Voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. ViaMedia's national animal is the Venomous Tortoise and its currency is the Looney.

ViaMedia is ranked 3553rd in the region and 66,789th in the world for Most Income Equality.

So far, I've had to decide if voting should be compulsory [No] and if I should crush a right-wing group fighting for the death penalty [No]. I've been accepted as a member of the U.N. where I had to decide if the ban on biological weapons should be overturned as it wasn't defined broadly enough [No].

I just hope I don' t have to crush the peasants before the rainy season.

1 comment: