Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Whatever, Dude . . I'm Just Playing the Game

All the 70s have either gone back to building up Blue Shammies or PVPing. The title of the above is what I was responded to by Fel' when I whispered I was feeling frustrated with the guild. It engendered in my a type of anger I cannot explain.

"Just playing the game" . . . I am sure he is right. That's all it is . . . just a game. We don't have any real social responsibilities or obligations. We don't have any real loyalties or connections. It's . . . just a game. It doesn't mean anything.

Yet . . . I think it does. I feel that it does. It has mattered to me greatly. I have felt those social responsibilities and obligations. I have felt that sense of loyalty and connections. To me . . . it never was "just a game". I've spent more time with these folks then real life friends or family.

I'm assuming I am the odd-ball here . . . the minority . . . the freak . . . the sad monkey who actually feels the sense of comrade-in-arms with folks. And that's O.K. with me because most of the time it is a very good feeling. I, like you, have to realize for many folks they are 'just playing the game' . . . and that's O.K. too.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, people are playing about 3 or 4 different versions of the game. Or different games, if you prefer to think of it that way. Here are a few names of games:

    1. What's that like (roll another class)
    2. PVP on a PVE server, aka BGs
    3. If I ruled the world (guild emo games)
    4. I pwn U

    ReplyDelete