Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmastime at Iron Forge

This is why we play in this world.

I wandered in to IF to do my jorbs (see next post on that). As I headed for the bank I was amused to see a string of Christmas lanterns across the top of the bank facade. Neat. Then I noticed a lot of action at the auction house, directly across. I was heading there eventually anyhow, so I went to check out the activities.

Imagine my surprised delight to discover a roped section for a line, and at the head of the line...Santa! So of course I got in line. Though I then realized how stupid that was. In a vr world there is no line; I merely crowded up around Santa and clicked on him. I thought he'd ask me what I wanted for Christmas, but he gave me a quest for milk and cookies.

All around Iron Forge there are decorations and interesting vendors and activities. For instance, I heard whizzing noises behind me and turned, expecting to find a duel in progress and spell being cast. Instead I saw a snowball fight. Now where would I find snowballs in Iron Forge, a hot metal-working center of activity. I asked on the general chat channel, and sure enough someone in the community said, folllow me. He invited me to his party, so I could find him, and then as I followed, he led me to a vendor.

So watch out! I have several snowballs melting in my traveler's bag and I'm not afraid to use them.

Btw, there's a holiday photo contest going on. If I could get some better snaps, I'd enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment