Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Hello And A Little Bit About Me

Hey there, a little while ago Eric shared some the work he has been doing for his Doctoral classes and mentioned that he was going to have to play a MMO game to finish a project. Well, as soon as I found out I felt it was my duty to at least get him started on what I felt was the highest quality MMO I knew of. So... I gave him the free trial that Blizzard given me and that was that, well after installing it on his computer and patching it for him. It's still somewhat akward for me to see Eric refer to me as his mentor as that's the roll I have attributed to him at work, in real life (RL) Eric is my boss (PHB) and has been one of my best bosses ever.

Now about me. I've been gaming almost all of my life, thanks to father who had a love of all gadgets. We had various computers and gaming consoles in my household at all times. Not always the latest or greatest but what ever we could afford. Through it all I had normally felt that gaming was pretty much a solitary experience, with maybe one or two friends sharing it with you. I had tried Everquest, Earth and Beyond and Star Wars Galaxies before picking up World of Warcraft and ended up not playing any of those games after a few weeks. WoW is the first MMO that I've played to this extent.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Ken. Who are you in WoW? Name, rank, and serial code, please. Do you want to join us in the Night Shift guild? I can invite you.

    ReplyDelete