Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I gotchyer guild right here...

So, there I was, jogging down the road outside of Dolanaar, buffing the passers-by with Holy Word as is my practice - you know, doing unto others and all that - when one of them whispered to me asking if I'd sign their guild petition, that they only needed one more signature. Well, that's servant leadership too, isn't it? So I made my priestly X on their parchment, and then jogged on, thinking nothing more of it.

Ha. Apparently, now I'm a founding member of the guild "The Angry Inch". And when Moonbranch, the guild "mother" asked if I was going to stick around in the guild or move on, I said, "well, heck, if you'll let me recruit for the guild, I think I've got some likely recruits. Some button twitching on her end, and bang, I'm now an Officer of the guild, with full recruitment rights.

So, a little about the guild. Right now it looks like it's guild of four: me, Moonbranch, Moontwig (her meatspace husband), and someone else. Moonbranch is a lvl 6 drood I think, while Moontwig is lvl 20ish something else. Moonbranch said she needed to start a guild because she doesn't play often enough to level quickly, so can't find others to play with consistently. I'm not sure I'll be of much help to her, but there it is - we're a guild.

So I'm thinking - I invite all y'all to be guild members, and then make you officers, and send you out to gather new recruits to us. Then we can turn on the Moonies, vote them off the island, and rule the world. Whaddya think?

BTW - the Moonies know I'm from Pepperdine and that they're under the academic microscope... but I didn't warn them about James... that they'll just have to figure out by themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, yes. It's guild time. I'd like us to spread out a bit and check out some big, established guilds to see how they work. Newbie, start-ups are also good for the same obvious reasons. If we got in by twos, we'll have a confirmatory perspective on what we experience. James and Eric are gamers, I think, and so have a bit more knowledge going in. We should spread you guys out. Each take a team.

    Whatcha think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, err, they approached me when it was just the husband and wife team, and I already said I would be in their guild (maybe even a founding member - maybe I'm even that "someone else"). So Eric and I already make up one of the pairs in "The Angry Inch."

    ReplyDelete