Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oh, THIS wand?

Okay. I decided to be brave and say hi when I saw Brudie online. He was the guy I hung out with a few days ago, and who invited me to join the guild he's in, Night Shift. I just didn't want to look like a dork, to look like an old person trying to figure out how to play a kid's game. LOL.

So he was running around with another guild dude, Dimi, and they decided to come up and get me. I was in Redridge; they were in Darkshore. Not a big run. So we got together and they spent about 20 mins trying to set me up on Ventrilo. I told them we Skype, but they didn't know what that was. They are not geeks, per se. VOIP had no meaning for them as a word.

Well, Vent, as they call it, is only in beta for the Mac, and it stinks as is. So, I pulled out the evil black fat HP Windows lappie and booted up. I downloaded Ventrilo onto the Win lappie and we got it going. I was thus configured to play WoW on the G4 shiny silver lappie and interact on Ventrilo on the evil black Win lappie.

We did a few runs. THey are very deadly and I quickly finished leveling up. I asked about the enchanting, saying I was stuck at 75. THe enchanter in the pair, I think it was Dimi, said you need to stop visiting the beginner enchanter and visit the journeyman enchanter to learn new spells. Damn! I bet I am owed a lot of spells. Gonna hafta spend some quality time with my trainer. =grin= I also asked about the wand. It doesn't seem to do much I said.

Well, it turns out that the wand is cast by pressing the hotkey once, in my case 1. It works in toggle mode: 1 is on, then 1 is off. So I press 1, and the wand just keeps going off. It's a DPS weapon. I'd been hitting the 1 key repeatedly. Not only that, but as with enchanting or first aid bandage making, each time it casts I gain a point in wand power. DUH! I feel like such a dork. So I will be doing a lot of wanding this week.

I'll try to grab some snaps on our next run. It has a marvelous air of barely controlled chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment