Monday, January 01, 2007

Copy of Post to Phant' Forum

To the powers that be [cue banjo music]

I have a HUGE affection for MANY in this guild. This is the only guild that was ever my home. Yet, it is a guild based more on nepotism and artificial criteria than anything else. Forgive me for dropping my 100k education on you all . . . but communities are emergent . . . not pre-packaged and served in Styrofoam. When Sage found me in the wilderness he did not invite me to a raiding guild . . . but to come home. And what a guild it has been these weeks. It has been as friendly and family oriented as anyone could wish in a guild. Yet, that isn't what Owl and Cy want . . . they want a raiding guild . . . and raiding guilds [trust me, I've been there] suck. They are cold and calculating and all about DKP. I'd rather be in a guild helping folks through VC through Mara then running ZG once a day.

We have great players . . . but . . .

The Pep folks have long suffered along side you and have long supported and sustained the powers that be. I helped recruit a lot of VERY good players of all levels. Folks like HKBOT and his buddy X are worth their weight in gold. Players like Turbo and Twink's alts are not just skilled, but major repositories of knowledge . . . knowledge we need. All I asked was a seat at the table . . . a table that includes Owls sister and boyfriend. Hardly an equitable situation.

Hallgrima got pissed the other night . . . that does not erase a year of her being there day in and day out. You folks are wrong . . . and by folks I mean the leadership. Because of that you totally dismiss her contribution of time and peeps. You want to wipe her contribution away cause you think she threw a tantrum? Shame on all of you! Aka, Clive, Twink, myself . .. we have been here ONLY because of her. Yet. it seems clear in your simplistic views that means nothing . . . those contributions are worthless.

So, you can have your guild the way YOU want it and NOT share power with those who have always been there with you . . . mostly cuase they would not want a 50 raiding guild. So, I'm out . . .and I'm out all the way. You want a raiding guild at the expense of the wonderful guild you already have.

Hallgrima is as good as they come and if you don't want her . . you cannot have me. And you are fools for the positions you have taken. Honoring Hall' and Pep cost you nothing . . . insulting us . . .. well . .. that has a cost.

Fel calls it emotional blackmail. I call it consequences for not honoring those who have honored you. Somehow, you've got it in your mind you deserve our loyalty. .. as opposed to earning it. You take us for granted and . . . well . . . no more for me . .. I did a lot for this guild to make it a pleasant place. What did I ask for besides making Hal a counselor? What did I bring? Your egos are the issue as well as your elites endgame ideas. .. but not for me anymore. I'd rather be guildless then guilded with those who only understand nepotism, artificial social structures and rash judgments of folks they have known for over a year.

A'dios . . . and good luck.

P.S. And I expect this post to be deleted

No comments:

Post a Comment