Friday, January 12, 2007

So, I had a dream . . .

And luckily the first person I was able to talk to was the perfect person . . . Vicki . . . after that was Eric. I’m a lucky man to know such fine folks who know so much more than I do. After that . . . it was g-money . . . the man who rode up provided gold and bags. Little did we know what a gift it was.

O.K. so my thoughts these days are on community and communication . . . tools and techniques. Yet, my dream and subsequent conversation with these fine folks was more a model for a different game. Some would see a disconnect, but I do not.

One thing I believe in these games is we do what we would do if we really could . . . if there were no pain and we could run back from the graveyard. We’d explore these amazing worlds in the real world, as in the virtual, if we only could . . . and we’d do it in the cinematic style with comrades at our sides.

I think that is why millions are playing and millions more will . . . there is no more west to go anymore except in a virtual sense. Yet, like in the west, not everyone sought out to be a mountain man or fight . . . err . . . indigenous mobs. Many sought to set up farms and trading posts and to bring civilization [and churches] with them.

And that is what the games are lacking. The two big-boys are WOW and SL . . . and they need to spawn a child . . . and a new west. I will try to articulate these ideas over the next couple of days, but neither Vicki or Eric openly laughed, so assuming I am at least making some sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment