Monday, January 22, 2007

Ding! [A Good Day]

I had set a goal to get my first two levels in TBC by the end of the first week. I accomplished that goal late yesterday with Hall'. Before that I got the true pleasure of running Twink through what I have heard described as 'The Long Chain” which ends [I believe] with the quest to enter the first instance, but includes all the bombing runs. Before that, I got to run with Nemi and Cy and Bany for a bit.


The first time I ran 'The Long Chain' it was alone. I had no idea where things were on the map and still had a leveled mindset . . . meaning that you instinctively run from anything a level higher than you. The second time I ran it was with Hall' and it was hard to remember where I gone or exactly what I had done. Apparently, the first time my brain was shocked and awed at the experience. The third time I ran it was with Twink and I felt as comfortable as if I were walking him through Deadmines. And thus Hell' [Hellfire Peninsula] becomes home.


Yet, it wasn't a question of just the first time. I ran Hall' to get a number of quests and then we went on a tour of three flight paths. I had no such issue with memory this time. I knew where everything was even being only the second time I had tramped this virtual ground. By the time I had reached the second land, I had had already gathered and guessed at all the game would give . . . now it is just the grind.


Yet, for one glorious day . . . it was all new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment