Tuesday, January 09, 2007

First Impressions of V:SOH

It ain’t WOW!. The cartoon look versus the oil painting look takes some getting used to. Personally, I think the cartoon effect of WOW does a far better jorb of representing the play . . . plus . . . I don’t look stocky so much as fat . . .and the asses aren’t as nice in these parts.

The interface is similar in a way that drives you a lil’ nuts. Similar isn’t the same. Levels 1 through 5 have gone quick enough and nothing much different then the baby Dwarf lands that Hal’ and I grew up in . . . run there . . kill X amount of those . . . exc . . .

I miss most [well, you folks], but the mini-map. The one in this game is mostly useless. I have chosen to play a dwarf warrior [go figure] and have been doing what most dwarf warriors do . . . hit, rinse, repeat.

There is a real question to me why I made this choice AGAIN, but I chalk it up the fact that if you folks come over . . . like when Hal’ and I started . . . someone has to be the strong sturdy type.

There is an aspect of the game very interesting and it is diplomacy. It is basically a card game I have no understanding of, but have managed to win enough times to be on my way to being a diplomat. Now, if that doesn’t scare you . . . not sure what will.

The game runs clunkly . . . which is the greatest annoyance. Like me trying to navigate a straight hallway after 3am . .. studder . . stop . . stumble . . .crash. I am exaggerating, but it doesn’t have that smotthness I am used to with WOW . ..

Oh, and I hate everyone here. Nothing new there, but there has been no reason for me to form friendships or connections or even help someone out. The only up side so far on that front has been there have been no nasty Nelfs. .

No comments:

Post a Comment